Friday, May 13, 2011

Viewmodels for Trishka; MDL to SMD Converter

I have made the viewmodel for Trishka, but nothing else with the model requests. Sorry about that.

I have been working on a "MDL to SMD converter" (for lack of a better name) that I hope will become the replacement for MDLDecompiler (which isn't being updated). My main motivation for this comes from wanting to understand more about the L4D2 survivor models (including their animations).

I tested replacing Ellis model using Rochelle's animations. Most of the animations played correctly, but a few just showed the default "T-pose". I am not sure what is different, but I'd like to know, so I could make female animations work on the male characters (and vice-versa).

2 comments:

  1. None of the models are done, at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me list what is done so far with the requests.

    - Rochelle => Trishka:
    - World model (needs some tweaking of some of the fingers)
    - View model
    - Rochelle => Claire:
    - World model

    I know it has been a long time (about two months), but I am making progress. The slowness has been caused by having little time for modelling (only on weekends), my learning new ways to make the process go quicker, and dealing with snags in the converting. I try every weekend to work on the requests and to post a progress update.

    The requests motivate me to continue. :)

    ReplyDelete